v1.1 Last update: 18/12/2017
SECTION 1 - WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION?
When you interact with one of our digital properties, we may ask for and collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address in order to communicate with you. When you browse our website, we also automatically receive your computer's internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system.
Email marketing: With your permission, we may send you emails about our site, our organisation and other marketing updates.
SECTION 2 - CONSENT
How do you get my consent? When you provide us with personal information to receive information, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only. If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
How do I withdraw my consent? If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at any time by altering your personal account settings when using The Siren app, or by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link in any email correspondence. Alternatively you can also do so by contacting us at email@example.com or mailing us at: The Siren, 2 Mayneview St. Milton 4064 .
SECTION 3 - DISCLOSURE
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service.
SECTION 4 - THIRD-PARTY SERVICES
Links: When you click on links on our websites, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
SECTION 5 - SECURITY
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact our Privacy Compliance Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at: The Siren, 2 Mayneview St. Milton 4064.
Terms & conditions
The Siren Terms and Conditions 2018
v1.1 Last update: 18/12/2017
The Siren apps and website (thesiren.com.au) and associated pages and websites is operated by The Daily Siren Pty Ltd.
1. Use of The Siren
The Siren is designed to provide a place where fans of sporting fixtures can receive news, offers and exclusive content and information while attending sporting events.
The information and material contained in or available through The Siren (Information) is provided for general informational purposes only. Users access The Siren, and rely on the Information, at their own risk.
By using The Siren, you agree that:
• you will only use The Siren for personal, non-commercial use; and
• you will not use The Siren in a way that causes us loss or damage.
You must provide us with complete and up-to-date registration information, as requested. It is your responsibility to inform us of any changes to your registration information.
You must keep your user-name and password confidential and secure and not permit any other person to access The Siren using your user-name and password. We are entitled to assume that all uses of The Siren under a User's user-name are undertaken by that User (unless we have been told that the User's details have been compromised).
3. Access to and use of The Siren
Users acknowledge and agree that we may:
• make changes to The Siren and the information and services provided through The Siren;
• monitor access to and use of The Siren by Users; and
• cancel a User's access to The Siren if we believe:
• the User is no longer eligible or authorised to access The Siren.
Access to The Siren depends on telecommunications and internet service providers and other external factors and we do not guarantee the availability of The Siren at all times or at any specific times.
While we will take reasonable precautions to ensure The Siren is secure, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as totally secure. Accordingly, we cannot ensure the security of any information transmitted to, from or using The Siren and Users do so at their own risk.
4. Team user-posted content
Some parts of The Siren allow Users working for or on behalf of sporting teams to submit, upload, post or transmit content or material such as text, photos, images, audio and video (including links to content or material) (Material), including Material that may be accessed and viewed by other Users. Users are responsible for any Material they submit to, on or through The Siren and must respect the legal rights and sensibilities of other Users.
By submitting, uploading, posting or transmitting Material to, on or through The Siren, Users:
• grant us a royalty free, non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide licence to (and to authorise others to) use, copy, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, publicly perform and display such Material for the purposes of operating The Siren and providing any associated services to Users and for our reasonable business and administrative purposes (including promotional and marketing purposes);
• consent to us using and publishing (and authorising others to use and publish) their name, character, likeness, image, voice or anything else that identifies them which is contained in the Material for the above purposes;
• grant other Users a royalty free, non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide licence to use, copy and reproduce such Material for their own private, non-commercial use;
• warrant that the Material is not Prohibited Material and that they are legally entitled to submit, upload, post or transmit the Material to, on or through The Siren and have obtained all necessary licences, consents and approvals in relation to the Material (including intellectual property licences and in relation to the use of any name, character, likeness, image, voice or anything else that identifies any person that is included in the Material) to enable them to submit, upload, post or transmit the Material to, on or through The Siren and to permit us and other Users to deal with the Material in accordance with the licences granted above; and
• consent to any act or omission that would otherwise infringe their moral rights in the Material and present and future rights of a similar nature conferred by statute anywhere in the world.
5. No liability for misuse by other Users
We do not warrant that Material submitted, uploaded, posted or transmitted by Users will be protected against misuse by third parties. In particular, we are not responsible for the infringement of the copyright in Material by other Users.
6. Conduct of Users
Users must not submit, upload, post or transmit Material to, on or through The Siren that:
• is offensive, unlawful, defamatory, false or misleading, discriminatory, pornographic, sexually explicit, unsuitable for minors or of an abusive, violent, obscene, offensive or menacing nature;
• is racist or hateful or promotes racism or hatred towards another person or group of persons
• contains nudity, swear words or excessive violence;
• is reasonably likely to offend another User;
• contains advertising or is otherwise submitted, uploaded, posted or transmitted for commercial purposes;
• violates or infringes (or the use of which violates or infringes) the intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity;
• contains personal information of any person (such as name, address, email address, phone number), except with the relevant person's permission;
• contains or transmits malware, viruses or other harmful computer code;
• contains a commercial advertisement or a link to such advertisement;
• solicits other Users to buy or sell goods or services; or
• contains financial, legal, medical or other professional advice, (Prohibited Material).
Users must not use The Siren system to:
• conduct any illegal activity;
• cause annoyance or inconvenience to any person including other Users; or
• harvest information about other Users for the purpose of sending, or to facilitate the sending of, unsolicited commercial electronic messages.
7. Material posted by other Users
We are not responsible for, and accept no liability with respect to, any Material submitted, uploaded, posted or transmitted to, on or through The Siren by Users.
The views and opinions expressed in Material posted by Users on The Siren are the views and opinions of the authors and do not necessarily represent our views or opinions. We do not endorse or support any views or opinions posted by Users on The Siren or guarantee the accuracy, completeness, currency or suitability of any information posted by Users.
8. Disclaimer of warranties and representations
Except as required by law, we give no express or implied warranties or guarantees, and make no representations, in relation to The Siren or any Information or services available through The Siren. In particular, we do not warrant or represent that:
• Users' systems will meet the minimum requirements to enable use of The Siren;
• information provided on The Siren is accurate, complete or suitable for any purpose;
• The Siren and its services are free from any computer viruses or defects; or
• Users' access to The Siren and its services will be continuous or uninterrupted.
9. Our liability
Nothing in this document excludes, restricts or modifies any right or remedy, or any guarantee, warranty or other term or condition, implied or imposed by any legislation that cannot lawfully be excluded or limited, including under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) and similar State or Territory legislation (Non-Excludable Provision). However, to the maximum extent permitted by law, our liability to a User for failure to comply with any Non-Excludable Provision is limited (at our option):
• in the case of goods - to the replacement of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods, the repair of the goods, the payment of the cost of replacing the goods or of acquiring equivalent goods or the payment of the cost of having the goods repaired (as determined by us); or
• in the case of services - to the supplying of the services again or the payment of the cost of having the services supplied again (as determined by us).
• Except as specified in this section, to the maximum extent permitted by law:
• we will not be liable to Users for any special, consequential, indirect or incidental damages or loss; and
10. Links to third-party websites
The Siren may contain links to other websites that are not operated or controlled by us. Those links are provided for convenience but may also facilitate the payment of commissions on sales made to The Siren users by third-party sites. Provision of a link should not be construed as an endorsement or approval of the third-party website by us.
You acknowledge that we may receive fees or commissions from third parties in relation to links to third party websites.
11. Users' liability
Copyright in the material in or available on The Siren is owned by us or our licensors.
Users may access and view The Siren and associated information and content using their web browser and download information from The Siren and print out that information, but only for their own private, non-commercial use. Where we expressly invite you to do so, you may share certain content available on The Siren on social media. Except as permitted by the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth), no part of The Siren (including any Material posted on The Siren) may be reproduced, copied, published, framed, or transmitted in any form or by any means without our prior written consent. Requests for consent should be directed to us using the contact details below.
14. Changes to these terms and conditions
We may amend these terms and conditions from time to time by posting the amended version on The Siren. Subsequent or continuing use of The Siren will constitute acceptance of any changes. [Where there are material changes to these terms and conditions that could in our reasonable opinion adversely affect Users registered on The Siren, we will notify those Users of the changes (which, for these purposes, may include notification when a User logs on to use The Siren or an email sent to the User's email address provided to us). If any Users do not agree to such changes, they may terminate their registration by contacting us using the details below.]
Post: Daily Siren Pty Ltd, 2 Mayneview St Milton QLD 4064